Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Years

 
These past two years have been the best of my life.

As I sit here, trying to put into words how much I love my husband, how grateful I am for God's gift of our marriage, how much fun we have together, how well we argue -- and then find a solution, how we could be happy anywhere as long as we're together, how we are more in love today than when we said vows of marriage in front of friends and family two years ago, I find that words are failing me today.

I wish I could write poetry or love songs.
I wish I could paint a picture or create a sculpture.


These past two years have not been a cake walk... but they have been wonderful.
These past two years have not been perfect... but they really have been perfect.


These past two years are just the beginning, and I cannot wait to live every day with the man of my dreams traveling the rest of the journey together.


"Where you go, I will go.  Where you stay, I will stay.  Your people will be my people, and your God, my God.  May the Lord deal with me ever so severely if anything but death separates you from me."  I mean this more today, Chris, than I meant it two years ago.  Two years ago, I meant it with my entire heart... today, I mean it more.



image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.