Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Letters: Greeley Good-Bye!

  • Dear Greeley, I am LEAVING YOU!  Happily!  I have been living in your city limits for the past 4 weeks.  As a town, you are fine, but I have no desire to EVER live here again.  You smell like cattle, you are WAY TOO HOT, and you only look at the mountains -- you are not mountainous at all.  Thank for the memories, I am OUTTA HERE!
  • Dear UNCO, Sayonara!   I still have to complete 3 practicum placements, but I am done on your campus... and I am one step closer to being done with you altogether.
  • Dear Hubby, I get to SEE YOU TODAY!  I only get to see you for a few hours, and we will be sleeping for most of those... but a minute with you is better than nothing.  And, when we part ways Saturday morning, we will only be a part for 2 days instead of 5 days like most of this month.  I will see you in St. Louis on Monday, and we get to have a real summer vacation week TOGETHER for 6 whole days.
  • Dear Tucson, I am incredibly nervous about you... and the comprehensive exam I have to take my first week there... but I plan to not think about you for the next 10 days.  You are banished from my thoughts starting... ... NOW!
  • Dear Chocolate-Covered Potato Chips, Oh man... I met you this week, and you are SOOO good.  You're like french fries dipped in a Frosty, but SO much better!  This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
  • Dear Little Nugget Niece/Nephew, Thank you for not arriving yet.  Your momma is having contractions, and has been for the last 3 days... but so far, you are staying put, and I am very grateful.  If you're going to completely do exactly what I wish, you will show up at 10pm, Monday, July 1 (after your Uncle Chris and I are in town).  You are expected sooner, but I appreciate every day you delay your arrival.  Just stay nice and healthy.  :-D
  • Dear Summer Vacation, You officially exist for me from the 8.5 days starting THIS AFTERNOON and ending Sunday morning, 7/7.  You are pretty much my only summer vacation, and I plan to LIVE IT UP!  If living it up includes driving to Phoenix, and flying to St. Louis... I am LIVING IT UP like crazy.  I plan to savor every moment of this not-even-funny-how-short-it-is-summer vacation.
  • Dear Lord, Thank You for Your timing, Your love, Your plans, and Your goodness.
Have a great weekend.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.