Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Letters: Week 1 in Greeley



  •  Dear Week 1 of Grad School in Greeley, You are chugging along at a nice rate, and I appreciate it.  No classes on Friday, so my first week is already done -- 1 week down 3 more to go.  I really like the classmates I have met, and the work seems hard, but manageable.  I think this month is not going to fly by... but it will move steadily at a satisfactory clip.
  • Dear White Cane and Blindfold, It seem we will be spending quite a bit of time together in the next two weeks.  Let's make the best of it, and work together to become a great blindfolded traveler.  Now if only, the cane or blindfold would whisper to me which Cardinal direction we are walking, I would be eternally grateful.
  • Dear Cardinal Directions, I did not know I do not like you until this week.  In Michigan, the lake is always West... in Denver, the mountains are always West... in the mountains, its easy to tell the position of the sun to determine East or West -- IN THE BASEMENT of the University Library, BLINDFOLDED, it is REALLY hard to keep track of and correctly identify cardinal directions.
  • Dear Miller Family, This year is so exciting.  Becky and Daniel are expecting their Nugget anytime (due July 2), and Nick is engaged to Mandy... what a big year for us.
  • Dear Hubby, It has been hard to be away from you this week, but I get to see you this weekend and I am SOOOO excited!!!!  You have to NOT distract me from working on my project due next week, but it will be wonderful to have a weekend together.  Last week, we had our last day of school on Friday, and then I left Saturday for Greeley, so maybe we can treat this as our celebration-that-school-is-over weekend?  I can't wait to see you, and sleep next to you.  This week I learned that I don't sleep as well without you.  The bed feels too empty, and cold.  I can't wait to see you!
  • Dear TurboFire, You and I had a great week... I got up and did my workout before class every day but Wednesday.  Let's keep this up!
  • Dear Bicycle, You have been great to ride to and from class each day.  I hope the temperature doesn't get too hot because my evening rides home might be miserable, but so far, so good.  It feels great to ride the 3.7 miles to campus instead of drive.
What letters are you writing this Friday?

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.