Saturday, August 3, 2013

We Love Northern Michigan

Northern Michigan is beautiful!  There are very few places where I would up and move tomorrow, but north-western Michigan is one those places.

Hubby and I saw a great dinner show, listened to a timeshare presentation, ate some cherries, saw some old friends, and just had a great few days together.

Here are some pictures of the fun:

Wednesday night, Hubby and I saw an AMAZING dinner theater show up at Boyne Highlands.  The Young Americans Dinner Theater.  The show was fabulous -- we laughed, we cried (well, I did), we sang along... we had so much fun.

Remember last September when we hosted three Young American performers at our home in Rifle?

... We were able to re-connect with two of the three guys at the Boyne performance.  It was so great to see them again!


We had some wonderful time spent along the coast of Lake Michigan, and the Grand Traverse Bay.  It was a little windy.


Hubby thought it would be a great place to try out the new panoramic setting on his iPhone...


... which led to some playful panoramic fun


On Friday, before we headed back south to my parents, we reconnected with some good friends of mine since childhood.  One of my best friends growing up was like family, and so her grandma became like my grandma.  We stopped by her summer cottage for our biannual visit (we always try to see her in the summer and at Christmas), and her daughter was there as well.  I really grew up as just part of this family, and so I knew the daughter, and grew up with her kids, as well as many of the other cousins.  It was so nice to see them again.


 All-in-all, it was a great get-away, and a place we would love to return in future summers.  Now, at home in Muskegon for a few treasured days before I start a new O&M placement in Kalamazoo.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.