Monday, August 26, 2013

Preggers I: 17 Weeks


  I'm not sure which of these poses I prefer for these weekly photos. I like my hands at my sides, because I think I look better -- but the hands in front emphasize the belly more.  The truth is, I don't know if I like the emphasized belly.  I'm still not used to seeing myself SO big.
How far along? 17 weeks

How I am feeling?  Relieved to be home.  As I'm unpacking from the summer of travel, I am finding myself thinking about how our house is going to change, and different re-arrangements that will be made.

Weight gain/loss:  Weight gain... about 5 lbs, according to our Rifle scale, from the last time I weighed myself in Rifle.  We'll see what the doctor says this week.

How big is baby? The size of an onion or turnip.

Sleep:  Much better now that I'm in my own bed with my hubby -- but still getting up several times a night.
Boy/Girl Prediction:  I think a boy.
Baby Nicknames:  Nugget, or Baby

Best moment this week: Coming home to see my hubby and seeing how excited he was to see how my belly has grown.  :-D

Food cravings: Club soda... not so much a craving, but just tasting really good right now.

Maternity Clothes:  More and more

Labor Signs: No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  A little nervous about getting back to work this week.  I'm nervous about what to wear -- for work, I dress nicely and wear skirts every day, but I don't have enough maternity skirts -- or clothes for that matter to look nice every day.  I'm just nervous to see people I haven't seen in a few months.

What I am looking forward to this week:  I have two doctors appointments this week.  One with the nurse for an "intake" -- and one with the doctor on Friday.  Hubby and I are really excited for the Friday appointment because it will be our first appointment since 8 weeks.  We haven't had any HINT of complication with this pregnancy, but we are REALLY ready to hear the baby's heartbeat again, and hear from the doctor that everything looks great.

Milestones:  We announced that we are expecting to our church family here in Rifle.


image signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh so exciting!
    I know the feeling of not being sure what to think of the growing belly... When I look in the mirror I always notice that I suck my tummy in as much as possible. But when I release it, it's really huge already! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.