Friday, August 23, 2013

Preggers I: 16 Weeks

I'm going to have to start doing these pregnancy update posts earlier in the week.  Truth be told, Sunday, is the day each week that marks a new week of my pregnancy.  So, in posting this on Friday, it's more like 16.5 weeks.  I think I will try to do these posts on Monday to make them more accurate and not get behind as the days of the week fly by.


My mom loved this picture -- she calls it "Barefoot and pregnant"

How far along? 16 weeks

How I am feeling?  Unprepared.  I'm feeling like I haven't read as much as I should have about pregnancy, birth, and parenting at this point.

Weight gain/loss:  Weight gain... I'm not sure how much.

How big is baby? The size of an avacado.

Sleep:  Pretty well -- up once or twice to use the restroom.
Boy/Girl Prediction:  I have no idea.  I think its a baby.
Baby Nicknames:  Nugget, or Baby

Best moment this week: People have touched my belly for the first time.  We went to a birthday party for a close family friend last weekend, and one of my "cousins" gave me a hug and then touched my stomach.  It felt weird... but sort of like a right of passage also.

Food cravings: Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops.  And Chinese Food.

Maternity Clothes:  About 60% of the time.

Labor Signs: No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  Getting a little impatient to feel the Nugget start to move.  It is still in there, right?

What I am looking forward to this week: Seeing my husband after two weeks a part.

Milestones: People touching my stomach.


image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.