Sunday, August 18, 2013

Uncle Bill's Birthday

Yesterday my parents and I got to be a part of a surprise birthday party for my Uncle Bill.  Aunt Ginger and Uncle Bill are in that special category of people in my life that they are not my blood relations -- my "real" Aunt or Uncle -- but they have been a real Aunt and Uncle to me my entire life.  They were the first people my parents called from the hospital at 3:00am when I was born.  There are very few people you can call at 3 AM with any news, no matter how joyful, but these are those people in my family.


Aunt Ginger's mom is someone I call "Grandma", and Aunt Ginger and Uncle Bills kids are like my cousins.  We have been friends now for several generations, and they are such wonderful people.

All that to say, there was a surprise birthday party for Uncle Bill last night.  I didn't take too many pictures, just a few.  It was a great time.

We love all the generations of this amazing family.

My great parents.  :-D

A fun folks-ey trio band

The birthday boy dancing with one of his granddaughters
 

Blowing out the candles

What a cutie!

Happy Birthday to Uncle Bill!

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.