Thursday, August 15, 2013

Preggers I: 15 weeks

I want to start documenting my pregnancy week by week, and now seems as good a time as any.  I might tweak these questions a little as the weeks progress, but these were a good jumping-off point.
How far along? 15 weeks
How I am feeling?  Big.  My belly is definitely bigger than its ever been before, and it is so weird to not be able to "suck it in" when I look in the mirror.  Most people to see me wouldn't immediately know I'm pregnant -- I just look like I've had too many summer snacks.  I guess I should get used to my belly sticking out, but I'm just not yet.

Weight gain/loss:  Weight gain... a little

How big is baby? The size of a naval orange.

Sleep: Pretty well.  I'm savoring these last weeks when I can lay on my back.

Boy/Girl Prediction:  I think its a boy... unless I think really hard about it... then I think it might be a girl.

Baby Nicknames:  Nugget, or Baby

Best moment this week: I guess this question is asking best pregnancy moment this week... ummmm getting back into regular workouts.

Food cravings:  I'm not really craving anything at the moment -- the first trimester, I was all about grapes and bbq potato chips -- but I am snacking every few hours.  I don't eat a big breakfast or lunch, but I find that if I don't nibble throughout the morning and afternoon, I am starving.

Maternity Clothes:  About 50% of the time.  In the above picture, I'm wearing a maternity skirt, and regular top.  Most days its a combination.

Labor Signs: No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  A tad overwhelmed at the moment.  I'm back to work in Colorado WHILE I'm still working in Michigan, and I feel like it is just foreshadowing for being on maternity leave.  I'm supposed to be completely focused on the Michigan thing, but I'm not because half of my attention is trying to make arrangements for my students in Colorado.  If this is how my maternity leave will go, I'm in trouble.

What I am looking forward to this week: Sleeping in on Saturday.  Driving to and from Kalamazoo every day is getting old.  I even had to buy decaf coffee yesterday because I was so tired.

Milestones: Last week we announced to the internet/facebook/blog world that we are expecting.  The well-wishes have been flooding in ever since.

image signature

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I hope you get some rest this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these updates! I am 16 weeks and 2 or 3 days today :) So we're so close!
    I feel like my belly sticks out too and when I try to suck it in I get dizzy haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.