Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Treasuring the Present: Teamwork

I absolutely love being married to my husband. 

There are certainly times when I remind myself that marriage is not for the faint of heart, and I like my husband less than I love him, but by and large, marriage is more wonderful than I ever imagined.

I remember times, not all that long ago, when I felt so alone in life.  I had to handle everything for myself -- rent, bills, car maintenance, shopping, cooking, good days, bad days, weather, work challenges, family stresses, stories from the past, dreams from the future --  I was alone for everything.

In the past two plus years I've been married to Hubby, I have been a part of a team.  Challenges are divided between us, trials are shouldered by us both, and joys are multiplied.  Last week, when I was in Michigan -- but still working in Colorado, I was so appreciative of the ways my hubby jumped in to do whatever I asked of him while I was gone.

Here's an example of a conversation we had:
"Hubby, will you go into the guestroom and find a huge stack of braille for me?"
"Sure."
"Okay, is there any print anywhere on any of the pages, or is it all braille?"
"It is all braille."
"Okay, so, I'm going to call you on Facetime, and can you hold the braille up to your phone so I can try to find a specific a specific assessment that I need for my student?  Then, once I find it, could you label it, and arrange a time for my boss to pick it up from you?"
"Yes, dear."

Not many people would take the time and flip through braille pages so that I can read braille and find a specific test that I needed?

 I just felt like he and I were a team, and I wasn't facing this new school year alone.

I love you, Babe.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.