Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Treasuring the Present: October 1

I LOVE OCTOBER!!!
via

October doesn't have my favorite holiday, it doesn't have a big event in my life, and it isn't even my favorite season... but I LOVE OCTOBER.  October is definitely my favorite month of the year.
  • I love the weather -- crisp fall is in the air.
  • My hubby loves hunting, and he is in his element in October.
  • Summer heat is gone, and autumn rain/sleet/snow begins to threaten.
  • Clothing can be worn in layers, jackets are needed, and blankets come out of closets.
  • College football is in its prime -- every game counts and anything can happen mid-season!
  • Baseball playoffs are underway... and the Cardinals and the Tigers are working their way to the 2013 World Series!
  • Halloween is in the air -- not my favorite holiday, but it ushers in the holiday season.  I really love Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Halloween is the sign that these are coming.
I have loved my Octobers in Michigan, Virginia, Nashville, and Colorado... and I am very prayerful that my love for October is not geographically dependent.  My first ten days of October will be in Austin, TX, and I am very prayerful that I will love October here just as much as my other locations.

WELCOME, OCTOBER! 

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.