Monday, October 21, 2013

Preggers I: 25 Weeks


How far along? 25 weeks


How I am feeling?  In one word... large.  My uterus is up to the base of my sternum (according to the measurement taken by OBGYN) and its size is right on target... I just don't have any more torso left into which the uterus can expand.  I'm a little nervous about the fact that baby has no where to grow but out.
How big is baby? The size of a rutabaga, or cauliflower... 13.6-14.8 inches and 1.5-2.2 lbs

Sleep: Sleep is pretty good, and much appreciated when I get it.  I have pretty much figured out what positions work for me, and Lloyd is learning that he can't lay on me the way he used to.
 
Boy/Girl Prediction:  I'm not sure... a boy or a girl.  The baby's heart rate was 150 bpm at our appointment... so I don't know what that means for a boy/girl prediction.
 
Baby Nicknames:  Baby, Nugget, or Jitterbug

Best moment this week:  I just love feeling the baby move around.  The movements are getting bigger, and it is just the COOLEST thing ever!

Food cravings:  Mostly pasta dishes... and honey nut cheerios
 
Missing:  A glass of wine to end the week -- but sparkling pear juice was a good substitute. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, indeed.  This week one colleague asked if she could touch my bell, and another told me that I "popped" overnight.
 
Movements:  Yes, and LOVING them!  Hubby still can't feel as many as I can, but he feels a few.  He is excited for the "big kicks" -- or, as he says, "when the baby kicks so hard, my hand bounces off the belly."  Yeah... he's the only one looking forward to those kicks.

Labor Signs: No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  Feeling good, and trying to cherish this time in life:  pregnancy feeling good, time with my hubby, and feeling our healthy little baby move around.

What I am looking forward to this week:  We have our first Bradley Method Birthing class on Tuesday.  Tuesday is going to be a REALLY long day... but it will be exciting to start our class and meet another couple expecting a baby around the same time we are.

Milestones:  I went hunting with my hubby PREGNANT for the first time.  It is officially much more difficult to hunt pregnant than not pregnant.  We didn't get a deer, but my hubby was very proud of me.
 
image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.