Monday, October 7, 2013

Preggers I: 23 Weeks


How far along? 23 weeks


How I am feeling?  Happy.  I feel the baby move just about every day, and I feel big, but not like a whale.  I have the hang of maternity clothes, and all in all, I'm feeling very blessed and happy.

Weight gain/loss:  Weight gain... not sure how much, I haven't had a scale in Austin.  My reading tells me that my uterus is the size of a soccer ball... that's a crazy thought.  Also, after not having seen my amazing husband for two weeks, he commented on how big I've gotten, and I thought to myself that weeks 21-23 of pregnancy is about the only time I can imagine when he could tell me how big he thinks I've gotten and the results will be joy and pride and a glowing mama.  In any other context, his comments would have been completely unacceptable, but I just beamed when he made that comment this past weekend.  :-D

How big is baby? The size of a grapefruit... 10.5-11.8 inches and 12.7-20.8 oz

Sleep:  Very well, Praise God!  However sitting has gotten less comfortable this week.  Sitting in one position with my feet touching the floor has not been fun this week.  I'm really feeling the benefits and comfort of having my feet propped on something when I can.
Boy/Girl Prediction:  Most of the time I think its a boy... this week, however, boy or girl, he/she revealed him/herself to be a little two-step dancer.  Kelley and I were at a Texas Two-Step dance club on Friday night (the place where Chris surprised me), and the baby was having a great time kicking along to the music.
Baby Nicknames:  Baby, Nugget, or Jitterbug

Best moment this week:  There would be many... but the best one regarding pregnancy was when Chris felt the baby move/kick for the first time.  I will write more about our weekend when I can, but it was Saturday night, and we had been going, going, going since he arrived around midnight on Friday.  On Saturday night (around 1:00am) we collapsed into bed and were absolutely exhausted, but I started poking my belly, and sure enough, our little Nugget started moving.  The movement this weekend has been right at my belly button most of the time, so it has been harder to feel on the outside, but Chris was able to feel about three big movements before we fell asleep.  It was so special.  I didn't feel too guilty about waking up the baby for our amusement... but something tells me this is one of the VERY few times I will ever do this in the baby's life.  :-D

Food cravings:  Nothing specific... just regular access to food every few hours.
Missing: My ability to sit still with my feet on the floor without feeling uncomfortable. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, and getting nervous about the big style change that will need to occur when I return to chilly Colorado.  I finally got the hang of dressing for Austin weather.
Movements:  Yes, and LOVING them!  I am getting a tad nervous about how big and strong this little dancer is going to get in my belly.  Right now the movement feel awesome -- noticeable but gentle.  This, however, is, hopefully, not going to last.

Labor Signs: No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  Tired and happy... excited to complete my last four days, and last few assignments of practicum and then take this baby HOME to Hubby, our animals, and Colorado.

What I am looking forward to this week:  GOING HOME TO COLORADO AND NOT HAVING TO LEAVE MY HUSBAND FOR PRACTICUM REASONS AGAIN!!!!

Milestones:  Hubby felt the baby move, is definitely the biggest and best!!!
Another would be that I started to get my first heartburn this week, and I am getting uncomfortable when I sit for too long.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.