Monday, October 28, 2013

Treasuring the Present: Early To Bed


Hubby and I definitely have a routine that we can count on each week.  Hubby stays up late doing grad school Sunday night... and I don't sleep well Sunday night as a result.  (It probably doesn't help that I get a lot of sleep over the weekend, so its hard to fall asleep Sunday night).  As a result, Monday evening we are both exhausted and we go to bed early.

Then Tuesday is a LONG day!!!  We are going from dawn until well after dusk -- full work days, after school teaching, then birthing class 45 miles away.

Then, Wednesday is another early morning (on the road at 6 am) for another full day of teaching.

All that to say, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, Hubby and I collapse into bed and are asleep in no time.

This bothers me -- I enjoy relaxing during the evening, and savoring some time with my husband, when one work day has ended, and before another one begins.  I sort of resent the fact that I have to sleep, because there are so many other things I would rather be doing -- especially relaxing.  Sleeping is relaxing, but I'm unconscious, so I don't enjoy it as much as conscious relaxation.

Nevertheless, today, I want to treasure the present, which is that Hubby and I CAN fall asleep early on these nights when we are so exhausted.  A time is coming, when we will have a little baby on our hands, and in our room, who will not let us fall asleep early and sleep through the night.

Sleeping is not my favorite thing to do... but today, I am very grateful for the chance to get sleep when I need it.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.