Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Austin Surprise Part 1


My husband planned an amazing Austin surprise for me.  He came to Austin for 32 hours to see me.

Before I left for Austin, I was not subtle about how wonderful it would be if he could visit me.  I would have loved for him to visit me in Tucson as well, but Austin was different -- it wasn't that I couldn't survive without him for three weeks (I didn't want to be without him, but I could get through it), it was that Austin is a REALLY fun city and I knew we would have a blast exploring this city together.

I knew I was going to have an amazing time in Austin... but the problem is, I have now had over two years of marriage, and almost four years total of knowing that everything is better with Chris Miller.  I would have a great time in Austin -- but I would have a better time in Austin with Chris Miller.  That's just the way it is.

Despite my hints that a weekend in Austin together would be perfect, I always followed it up with the statement that I knew we couldn't do it, and we would be fine for three weeks a part.  I didn't want Chris to feel guilty about the fact that we didn't have the means, time, or resources for him to come to Austin when I was only going to be gone three weeks.

Little did I know, Chris had been planning to surprise me in Austin for months...

I fear this post is going to get too long. 
So, this story will be continued...

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.