Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gratitude: Day 4

Today, I am so grateful for a word in season.

In the same breath, I am grateful to be spending this month is a larger city because I can tune in to K-LOVE radio and keep the station for my entire commute throughout Tucson.  When I commute to work in the mountains, I can only keep a radio station for about 10-20 miles before I lose the signal.

Last night, I was reading research article after research article for the comprehensive exam research paper I have to submit by Sunday at midnight, and I was listening to K-LOVE.  I am on edge about this research paper -- its a huge deal.  I am not nervous about the writing part as I am comfortable in my writing ability, but I am nervous about my research, my application of the O&M teaching strategies, and all the facets of the case study about which I am writing.  I am worried I will miss something, or not be able to condense all the pieces of writing I want to include into a cohesive, intelligent paper.

I am applying myself to this first week of practicum... but all of my spare hours are spent researching and working on this paper from now until the Sunday night deadline.

All of that being said, I had K-LOVE radio playing while I was reading research and I heard a DJ talking in between songs.  Despite my concentration on the research, what the DJ said worked its way through my reading, and he spoke such a word in season for me.

"Work like it depends on you.  Pray like it depends on God."

I have been praying like crazy through this paper, and I fully trust that the Lord will draw to mind all the knowledge I have acquired, and help me to produce a paper of quality and substance... but I also know that in order to receive God's favor in this assignment, I have to put in the work!

The DJ said that there is a new book out by Pastor Mark Batterson called The Circle Maker.  I haven't had time to fully look into the book, but I am so grateful for this word in season, and a phrase to which I will cling for the next five days and beyond.

Work like it depends on you.
Pray like it depends on God.

That is exactly what I'm going to do.

3 days down - 17 to go.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.