Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gratitude: Day 12

I am glad I chose to focus on gratitude during these weeks summer weeks working away from my loved ones.  This is when it would be very easy to simply complain and cry to the blog world... but that is not the focus of these weeks.  There is always something to be greatful for.

Today, I am grateful for old, comforting movies that offer an escape from reality, a relaxing few hours, and words for a real-life situation.

Last night, I enjoyed a few hours away from reality with You've Got Mail.  Last night, I was especially grateful for the "Goodnight, Dear Void" scene:

"Sometimes I wonder about my life.
I lead a small life.
Well, valuable, but small.
And sometimes I wonder...
...do I do it because I like it...
...or because I haven't been brave?
So much of what I see reminds me of something in a book...
...when shouldn't it be the other way around?
I don't want an answer. I just want...
...to send this cosmic question into the void.
So...
...good night, dear void."



11 days down; 9 to go!

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.