Saturday, October 6, 2012

Light at the End of the Tunnel

When I look back on the days of my life, I want to remember struggles and successes.

I want to remember trials and triumphs.

I want to remember challenges and victories.

I want to remember dissonance and resolution.

That being said, I am possibly starting another graduate certification in January and, as of now, it is not fully determined when I will complete the program.  It is outlined when I will complete the course work, but the practicum hours are still unclear.  Some of my colleagues, others in my field, have started programs and not finished -- pressed pause in the middle because of scheduling or financial factors -- and then picked up at a later date.  I cannot do that.  I refuse to start a program without an ending in sight.  It is just not my nature to begin something as big as a graduate certification without an end point in mind, and an outline of how I'm going to get there.

I want a light at the end of the tunnel, so I can focus on the light when I'm in the trenches.

The problem is, when the struggles, trials, challenges, and dissonance of life arrive, there is no end point in mind, and no light at the end of the tunnel.  When I find myself in the challenges of life -- the struggles, I want to come through and the trials I know will lead to a beautiful life, a stronger faith and a strength of character, there is no plan for when the challenge will be completed.

How do you say, "It will be okay," when you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel?
More than that, how do you believe, "It will be okay," when you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel?

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.