Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Wall of Vail Photos

In Vail, I have a favorite cluster of pictures.  They are four pictures that span 30 years of our family skiing in Vail together.


The first picture was taken the year my parents were married, in 1981.


The second picture was taken in 1994, when I was 10 years old and had turned into a pretty good little skier.


The third picture was taken in 1999 after my sister's husband died, and we all met in Vail to scatter his ashes in the woods on his favorite ski run.  It is the only time that my parents, my siblings and I all skied together.


The fourth picture was taken in 2011 and represents a new season in our family vacations... both children married (Chris and I were engaged when the picture was taken), and beginning the next generation of family skiing in Vail.


I love this wall of photographs, but I also realize that this is my parents' wall of family pictures.  It excites me to think that someday Chris and I might have our own wall of family pictures spanning 30 or more years of our changing family in Vail.


Note to self, when family ski pictures are taken, wear my hair in two braids instead of one... one braid makes it look like I have no hair.


image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.