Sunday, March 11, 2012

Springing Forward

Yesterday, Chris and I prepared to Spring Forward by spending the day in Denver.

Chris was in class all evening on Friday and all day on Saturday, the animals and I tagged along on the trip for the first time.

I don't know that Lexie will come with us again... she stayed in her carrier practically the entire trip!  The door was unlatched and her food, water, kitty litter were elsewhere, but she stayed in that carrier nearly the entire trip.  I think she's very happy to be home.




On this day before we SPRING Forward, Denver was over 65* -- Lloyd and I had a blast finding parks around our hotel and big fields where he could run.  He is getting so much better about life on a leash!  In the below picture, he is drinking from Chris' water bottle as Chris is pouring the water from above... it was fun for us all.





The big highlight of the Denver trip for me was GETTING A HAIRCUT!!!!  Not a big one -- just a trim, but I get my hair cut approximately 3-4 times per year, so I get REALLY excited when the time comes for a hair cut.  I went to an Aveda Salon in Denver and I came out feeling SO pretty and refreshed!



Chris and I got home late Saturday night -- and even later because of Daylight Savings Time.  Please keep Chris in prayer today because he's taking middle schoolers skiing... and they leave Rifle around 5:00am (on a night when they lost an hour of sleep AND we didn't get to sleep until around 1:30am).  He will need the Lord's supernatural energy and strength for today.

I hope your Spring Forward is a beautiful and Spring-filled as ours is!

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.