Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rodriguez Baby Shower

This past weekend, Hubby and I made a WHIRLWIND trip to St. Louis for several reasons, the most important of which was I co-hosted a baby shower for Chris' sister, Becky!

Becky and Daniel are expecting a baby in early July and I collaborated with a friend of Becky's in St. Louis for her BIG baby shower -- about 40 guests.  The verdict was it is much more difficult to plan a shower long distance than on-site, but the joy of blessing friends remains a constant.

Here are some picture collages of the fun shower:

The shower was for Becky and Daniel (Chris' younger sister and her husband)... although it was basically a women-only party.  Daniel came for the last part and opened a few presents that were just for him.  We are so excited for these wonderful people, amazing siblings, and we know they will make amazing parents.

Here are some scenes of the shower... pink, blue and yellow because they didn't know the sex of the baby.  We had the shower at her grandmother's home and the space was so beautiful.

Flowers and rubber duckies, and desserts, Oh My!

Opening presents -- some of the best ones include: a bib that said "Are these people REALLY my relatives?"'; a onesie that says "I love my grandma" in Spanish (since Daniel is from Mexico); a pair of baby scrubs; and a wall decal that says "For this child I have prayed..."  Becky and Daniel and their little Nugget were so blessed

Some pictures of shower guests -- only a few of them... there were so many people!

 Some family pictures from the shower -- my momma and me, Chris' mom and Grandma (the will-be Grandma and Great-Grandma to Nugget), Chris and Becky and me, Becky and her Grandpa Miller (who picked her a little flower bouquet), and Mandy, Becky and Me -- the Miller girls (as soon as Nick and Mandy get married).  I am so blessed to be a part of his family.

 We had a wonderful, wonderful weekend... and this shower was just a part of it.

Okay, little Nugget Rodriguez, we're ready for you -- in about 6 weeks when you're done cooking.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.