Friday, January 18, 2013

Brooke the Driven

 I have never met anyone that can get so much done in so little time.

By noon, Brooke has cleaned the kitchen, folded laundry, transcribed some braille, taught a blind person how to decipher little bumps on a page for meaning, helped a few kids in three or four different schools, and driven 200 miles!! (I said she was driven, literally)

And that is just half of a normal day.

By the time I come home from work, she has re-written normal worksheets and whole books into Braille, fed the animals, made my lunch for the next day, made dinner (and sometimes dessert), picked up the dry cleaning, done an hour workout, cleaned up whatever part of the house she didn't finish before she left work at 5:00 in the morning and the messes I made before I went to work, completed her assignments for grad school, and most days, written an elegant blog post. 

I just went to work.

Brooke will not rest until she has completed each task for the day.  She amazes me with all that she gets done.  Sometimes it drives me crazy because I just want my wife to stop what she's doing and snuggle up with me, so I make her quit projects sometimes so we can spend time together. 

Brooke started grad school again, so she can be more equipped to help people who have visual impairments.  I have no doubt that she is going to ace every test, complete every assignment early, and amaze her professors with her brilliance.

Brooke succeeds in everything she does because my wife, Brooke Sanden Miller, is driven.

Happy Birthday Week, Brooke the Driven!


(Please read yesterday's post as it was posted late
(I know, I am not as punctual as my wife))

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.