Friday, May 4, 2012

Food Club Fondue

Earlier this week our Food Club had our last meeting of the school year.

Some of you may remember that our Food Club meets once a month and chooses a country or a region or a theme of cuisine and we all contribute a component to make a unique meal.  We've done meals focusing on Greece, India, Thailand, Britain, Brazil, and Louisiana (shrimp boil).

What did we do for our grand finale?  FONDUE!

We prepared a three course fondue meal
  • Cheese Fondue for an Appetizer
  • Broth, Wine and Oil Fondue for the Meat Main Course
  • White and Milk Chocolate Fondue for Dessert
Preparations...

Waiting for the first course cooks to call them inside

The cheese course

I like the lack of focus of this picture, I just wish I had captured more of what was on the plate

YUM!

Meat Course...
sausage, chicken, steak, shrimp!

There were three meat cooking options - broth, wine and oil

Dive in!

It's really a great social dinner -- everyone huddled around the pots

So good!

One of the best bites was chicken dipped in an egg wash, then a seasoned breading and then cooked in the oil.  SO AMAZING!

Dessert Course -- Chris and I were the dessert chefs

Working on white chocolate and milk chocolate fondue

All ready -- strawberries, marshmallows, rice krispie treats, raspberries, blackberries.  YUMMY!

Oh my!

The white chocolate was a huge hit!
White chocolate, cream, vanilla, marshmallow fluff = Delicious!

Chocolate-covered strawberries!

So much fun!

Fondue is so much fun, and I was surprised at how easy it was to do at home.  Some of the courses were better tasting (in my opinion) than some fondue Chris and I have in restaurants.

Have a wonderful Friday.

image signature

1 comment:

  1. I love fondue! It is always such a fun experience. Yours looks really yummy! I hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.