Monday, May 21, 2012

As of Late: May 2012

Christy at Critty Joy graciously hosts As of Late every month, and it is so much fun to take the time to reflect on what's actually going on in my life each month.

  • Lately, I have been in love with the month of May!  It is busy, beautiful, routine, full of celebrations, productive, exhausting, and rewarding.
  • Lately, Chris and I can't believe that summer is right around the corner and we are getting excited about all our travel plans
  • Lately, I have started to crave recreational reading time -- a sure sign that summer is right around the corner
  • Lately, I've started reading the Bible divided into 6 parts -- I read a chapter a day from each of 6 parts of the Bible: Genesis, Joshua, Job, Isaiah, Matthew, Romans.  I am really enjoying the systematic, yet holistic picture of the Bible I'm getting through this method.
  • Lately, I have been getting up before work three times a week and running with Lloyd.  It is so hard to get out of bed, but I feel great when I do and I appreciate the mornings I get to sleep in all the more.
  • Lately, I've found a new weekly blog meme that I really enjoy.  Megan at Mackey Madness hosts Sometimes & Always every Tuesday and it is a really fun thing to participate in.  I'm glad I found it.
  • Lately, I've begun enjoying From: The Little Pink House's posts that prove a picture is worth 1,000 words.  I've even begun trying to make my own collection of pictures worth 1,000 words - but my pictures have a long way to go before they're really worth 1,000 words.  As of now, my pictures are probably only worth about 150 words. :-D
  • Lately, I've been doing the 30-day Asylum workout challenge and I feel great!  I am have completed 14 days out of 30 and I feel amazing, my hubby tells me every day what a difference he notices in my muscle tone, and I am have started fitting into skirts that I haven't been able to wear since early last fall.  I'm sticking with this!
  • Lately, I have noticed that when I make myself stick to a pretty strict exercise regimen, I am also more productive and diligent in my housework, healthy eating habits and daily time with the Lord... why am I surprised how healthy habits breed more healthy habits?
  • Lately, I am totally head over heels in love with my hubby and getting excited to celebrate our one year anniversary in just over a month... in some ways I can't believe its been a year, and in other ways its hard to remember not being married to him.  It has definitely been the most joyful year of my life!
What have you been up to lately?

image signature

1 comment:

  1. How cool that your one habit is leading to all the other healthy habits. I think He made us that way.... how easy I forget.

    Wow. Your 1 year anniversary coming up.... how exciting! This year has just flown by.

    I cannot believe summer is here. I am not looking forward to the heat but I am looking forward to the fun. :)

    So glad you join me every month sweet Brooke.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.