Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Treasuring the Present: Camouflage


I've stated before in the blog when I've written about my current pregnancy that I am feeling large... and I am.  There is no question about it because I am the largest I have ever been -- EVER.

That being said, today I am treasuring this brief window when I can still camouflage my belly.  I can still wear outfits that just make it look like I'm a little fuller than usual, and not overtly state to anyone and everyone, with one glace, that I am pregnant.

I have a meeting this afternoon and I don't believe all of the attendees will know that I am expecting.  And the truth is, I don't want them to know at first glance that I am.  I will have hours and hours and hours of meetings, right in a row, and I'd rather wait until the end of the last meeting to announce the news.

I am hoping that with the proper baggy outfit, I will be able to do so... and I know, the time when I can do this is rapidly coming to an end.

Today, I am treasuring the fact I am not farther along in my pregnancy.  I am glad that our baby is growing, and healthy, and I am glad that it just the right size for how far along it is.  It's not too big, not too small -- it is just the right size, and I am grateful I can still hide my precious secret, when I so choose.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.