Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Letters: Happy Birthday Hubby!



YAY!  Friday the 13th!!!  My hubby and I both love Fridays the 13th, because we both have birthdays on the 13th of the month, and it's a lot of fun when our birthdays are on a Friday.  I was actually born on a Friday the 13th, so no fear here.


In honor of my hubby's 33rd birthday, today's Friday Letters will be dedicated to the different sides of him.

  • Dear Hubby, The Husband,  You are the most wonderful husband I ever could have imagined.  You have so many qualities I always knew my dream man would have, and a number of qualities, only God knew my dream man needed to have.  You are so loving, so patient, so helpful, so caring... I cannot imagine my life without you.
  • Dear Hubby, The Joker,  You are hardly ever seriously and you can always find something to laugh at.  Sometimes it drives me absolutely crazy, but more often than not, I am so grateful for your light-hearted influence in my life.  Because of you, I laugh much more often, and I really appreciate this.
  • Dear Hubby, The Hunter, You are so handsome when you're out hunting for meat for our table.  You are even more handsome when you come home, safe and sound, with meat for our table.  I think it is so sexy that you enjoy the wilderness, and are wise and resourceful when you're out there.  You look great in camo, and I love that this is a hobby that you love.
  • Dear Hubby, The Family Man, Family is so important to you, and I think that is such a wonderful quality in you.  I love that you love your family.  In the same breath, I love that you are not controlled by your family.  You are your own man, with your own plans, and although you are very close to your family, you are not controlled by their apron-strings.
  • Dear Hubby, The Tech-Guy,  I wish I understood this love of technology that you have... but I am grateful for it.  I do not love technology, and most days, I don't even like it.  I love that when I need help with something, 9 times out of 10, I do not need to call a Tech Support hotline, or email help.me -- I ask you, and you are able to fix the issue, or at least save me hours by pointing me in the right direction.
  • Dear Hubby, The Daddy, While you are a wonderful Daddy to our cat and dog, this is your last birthday that we are celebrating without a real life baby of our own.  I cannot believe that our love has made a baby -- a one-of-a-kind, both-our-DNAs-put-together, there-has-never-been-a-child-like-this-on-the-earth-ever-before baby is growing inside me, and it is our child.  I know that you will be a wonderful father, and you have already demonstrated how much you love this baby.  I love carrying your child, and I am very excited to be your partner on this journey of parenting.  You will make a wonderful Daddy, and an even better Father.
  • Dear Hubby, The Teacher, You love your students SO much.  I remain in awe over your excitement and passion for teaching, not only each year, but every day.  You truly love what you do, and you pour everything possible into the lives of your students.  I love that you love your calling, and it is such an honor to watch you fulfill it every day.
  • Dear Hubby, The Sport's Fan, You are I are sports people, and I LOVE that we share this pastime.  I think God knew exactly what he was doing when he made you a diehard baseball fan, and me a diehard college football fan.  We can enjoy each others' teams without worrying about an in-home rivalry, our seasons barely overlap, and we can both sincerely enjoy the sport that the other loves so much.  I love watching Cardinal's games with you because I know how much you love them, and I love it when you watch Michigan games with me.
  • Dear Hubby, The Adventurer, Anything can become an adventure with you.  A hike, a drive, a trip to the store, a walk along the river, or an evening out, any of these can become an unexpected adventure at any time.  Sometimes this drives me nuts, but mostly, I love this about you.  Life is never boring, rarely expected, and often surprising because of your adventurous nature.
  • Dear Hubby, The Romantic, If I had to choose a favorite trait about you, I'm pretty sure this would be it.  I never ever have to doubt your love for me, or attraction to me.  You are so affectionate, loving, and romantic.  From verbal terms of endearment, to casual physical contact when we are near each other, to other forms of intimacy, you are so romantic.  Our romantic flame burns brightly, and I am so grateful for your romantic nature.

 Happy Birthday, Babe!

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.