Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Counting Down...

I don't like to live my life in a state of counting down... but some seasons are harder than others.

When I say "a state of counting down," I mean when I'm excited for something and so I live each day counting down to the event I'm excited about.  I want to be one who treasures the present.  I want to enjoy this season of marriage -- not counting down until we have children.  I want to enjoy this season of the year -- spring with one quarter of the school year still ahead.

Unfortunately, this week is the week before spring break and ALL I can think about is wanting spring break to have arrived 5 minutes ago.

Usually I have a list of things I am excited to do over Spring Break... and if I think really hard, I'm sure I could come up with one, but this year, I am just SO excited to SIT STILL. 
To RELAX! 
To wear comfortable clothes and not move, not drive, not transcribe braille, not answer emails, not set an alarm, not work!!!


I'm getting giddy just thinking about it... a week to relax.

Each school year, in the middle of February, I start feeling ready for spring break.  I start to get really tired and the early phases of burn-out.  Well, if I thought I was ready for Spring Break in mid-February, six weeks later I am more-than ready, over-cooked, burnt to a crisp and completely burnt-out.

Now, I'm just three days away, THREE DAYS AWAY from nine days of freedom.

I am counting down.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.