Thursday, March 14, 2013

Baby-Shower Brain

I have heard of wedding-brain, baby-brain, pregnancy-brain...
but right now, I have baby-shower-brain.

This is also known as, trying to work 10 hour days, administer TCAP tests, drive 1000 miles, stay on top of graduate school, prepare for relatives to arrive... AND plan and prepare for a baby shower.  Of all those things, the baby shower is the most fun thing to plan for and think about, so I have baby-shower-brain.

A few challenging parts about this shower for me is that it is not at my house... the positive part of this is that I don't have to clean!!!!!  :-D  The negative side is that I have to set up an empty room from scratch and transport EVERYTHING for the shower -- from decorations, to serving platters, to cookware, to tape, to pens and paper.

The other challenging part is that the shower starts at 10:30am... which was totally my call.  I WANT to host a morning shower because it will be a brunch and women will still have the afternoon to themselves... but the location of this shower is 60 miles away... so it will be an early morning for Chris and me to load up and get to the shower location in time to prepare for the guests by 10:30.

All of that being said, I'm getting pretty excited!

Hubby and I went to Grand Junction (the big city) last night to do all the shopping, and I'm feeling good about how things are coming together.

I have the menu planned, food purchased and recipes waiting to be made.
I have the games planned, and a To-Do List on what needs to be finished.
I have favors purchased and just waiting to be assembled.
I have prizes purchased and ready to be wrapped.
I have decorations purchased and ready to be used.
I have the gift purchased and ready to be wrapped.
and,
I have the shopping list of things I couldn't buy last night on stand-by.

In addition to the baby shower this weekend, I hosted a baby shower last fall, and, coming up, I'm co-hosting a baby shower in St. Louis in May for my sister-in-law.  It has been fun to keep some ideas from the last shower and add new ideas to this one, and I'm sure I'll do the same for the next shower.

I think I'm in that season of Bridal Showers and Baby Showers.  :-D

image signature

1 comment:

  1. Well I am glad that the occasion has given you something fun to focus on! I am so excited for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.