Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Treasuring the Present: Missing My Hubby

This week I am missing my hubby... but I am treasuring it.


 What do I mean by this?

Well, my wonderful hubby is up in Vail all week for a teaching conference with a bunch of teachers from his school.  One of us has been gone for a night or two at a time before, but this is the first time one of us will be gone a whole week since we've been married.

I would definitely miss him any week he's gone, but this week is the week before we leave for our summer travels.  In fact, Chris is not even coming home after his conference... I will pick him up in Vail and we'll be off.  So, not only is this a week without my hubby where I'm a "single mom" to our animals, but I have to pack our bags, food, car, animals, etc. for our trip by myself, and take care of all the odds and ends of leaving town -- closing up the house, and finalizing arrangements with the people mowing our lawn and our house-sitter... much easier with two people!

All of that being said, this week I am treasuring that I am missing my husband -- because I know where my husband is.

Hubby and me, taken earlier this month
Before he left, I found myself paying extra attention to little things that I was head-over-heels about when we were first married, but over the past 11 and 3/4 months, I've gotten used to.  Like snuggling next to him in bed when I'm cold -- body heat is an amazing thing.  All if have to do is snuggle up to him and I warm up in no time.  Most of the time he sleeps right through it, but I love it.  He's my own personal, little heater!  Since he's been gone, I find myself snuggling up to where I think he is... only to discover pillows or Lloyd (our dog).  I miss him!

Since he's away, I miss him like crazy, but I know where he is, I know he's alive, and I know he's safe.  I treasure that.

One of our next-door-neighbors are a married couple who have been married 56 years.  The wife died about ten days ago on their 56th wedding anniversary.  The man next door is missing his wife right now in a way and with a heartache I can't even imagine.  I am missing my husband, but not at all in the way that he is missing his wife.  Please keep him in your prayers.

Across the country are women missing their husbands, and husbands missing their wives, and they do not know where their spouse is, or if he or she is safe.  Their spouse is serving over-seas, protecting our country, and frequently in harm's way.  I am missing my husband, but not at all in the way that they are missing their spouses.  Please keep military spouses in your prayers.

Does this make sense how I'm treasuring that I'm missing my husband this week?  I miss him like crazy, and I would rather have him with me than somewhere else... but as I miss him I am so comforted to know where he is, that he is alive and safe, and that I can get a hold of him any time I need.

I feel beyond blessed for how I get to miss my husband.

image signature

1 comment:

  1. My hubby is leaving for a week too! Starting this Sunday, I'll be home alone... Booh!
    It's nice to see I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.