Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Treasuring the Present: Family Fun in Washington


 Family fun at my brother's vacation home with my parents, my hubby, my brother and his family... eight people and loads of fun!  This is Chris and my first time vacationing with my whole family!  Family vacations are so much more fun with my hubby apart of the family!  :-D

Behold my 79.5 year old dad on the top of a slide with his two grandsons (and my mom)
Dad says this is the first slide he's been down in 75 years
Our three days here have been a blast and we celebrated my Dad's 80th birthday a few months early.  His birthday is in October, but Dad always said "Better months early than one day late..."  :-D

I am completely in love with this picture of my parents and my nephews... this is going in a frame!
   
I have many pictures and stories to share, but they'll have to wait until I have more of the pictures.  Until then, I'll leave you with one story...

Ryan, my 3.5-year-old nephew is the sweetest little boy, and on the first morning that we were there, he wandered into my parents room (Grammie and Papa's room) and saw that Papa was in his underwear and a tee-shirt (his pajamas).  He looked at Grammie and said,
"Doesn't Papa have any clothes?"

He was afraid Papa would be in his underwear and tee-shirt for the whole vacation.  It was so adorable and our perfect welcome to the vacation.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.