Saturday, June 23, 2012

On The Road Again...

Something I love about road trips is that each one ends up with its own theme.

When I was a kid, my parents and I took my best friend, Abbie, to ski in Vail with us three years in a row, and each year had a cd that seemed to dominate the drive.  I'm sure we listened to all kinds of music on the drives, but the first year, all I remember is the Chipmunks CD, the second year, all I remember is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat CD, and the third year, all I remember is the Grease soundtrack.  I would venture to say that I still know pretty much all the lyrics to every one of the songs on the above mentioned CDs.

When Chris and I took our baseball road trip, we listened to children/young adult books.

Chris and I are "On The Road Again" and I am excited for all that this trip is going to contain and what predominant soundtrack will come out of it.  Speaking of "On The Road Again"... I actually never knew the real lyrics for this song for years after I first heard it.  I always knew the Chipmunks version of this song, "I don't want to be on the road again..."  :-D  That is certainly not how I feel about this trip, I'm thrilled to be headed off, but its too funny not to share:



In my world, I will still be posting every day on our trip, but realistically that is just not going to happen.  I will certainly try to post whenever I have internet, but it may be a couple times a week instead of my usually daily posts.

Prayer requests for our trip include:
  • Safe travels
  • Safe animals
  • Blessed and treasured time with friends and family
  • God's protective hand over our home while we're gone
  • Beautiful experiences for Chris and me to share and strengthen our marriage
  • A heart of gratitude for all that we are doing and seeing together, especially when the travel gets tiring and we miss the privacy of home
 Thank you so much for your prayers.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.