Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 The Year In Pictures

Hands Down -- 2011 was the most amazing, blessed, happiest year of my life.  When I tried to choose the best pictures to represent my YEAR IN PICTURES, I found many I wanted to include.

Here are the best of the best pictures that made the cut -- and please keep in mind that this year included an engagement, many bridal showers, the most beautiful wedding that has ever been, a dream-come-true honeymoon, and the best, most exciting first six-months of marriage that a newlywed couple could ever hope for -- plus a new puppy to boot, so there really are a lot of pictures.

Please enjoy our year 2011 in Pictures:

Happily Engaged
Enjoying a bridal show event
Valentine's Day Play
SAVE THE DATE!
Skiing in Vail
Hiking to Hanging Lake
Cubs v. Cardinals Spring Training with the Sanden Family
Enjoying a black-tie wedding
Discovering Fondue
Ugliest Bridesmaid Contest at a Bridal Shower
Bridal Shower
Bridal Shower
Packing to move out... and into storage
Bridal Shower
Crazy In Love!
Great Roommates to end my time as a single woman
Mud Run Vail 2011
A Study I did leading up to the wedding
Wedding party in for all the festivities
Bachelorette Party -- showing the ring
Lingerie Bridal Shower
Wedding Rehearsal (listening to a beautiful vocal performance)
Praying before the rehearsal dinner (my parents and close family friend, Rev. Lawrence)
Washington and Lee friends at the rehearsal dinner
Morning of the Wedding "Here Comes the Bride", "There Goes the Groom" 5K Race
We Finished the Race -- Now on to the Wedding!
Wedding Preparations
A Mother's Eye
Wearing the Veil always brought tears to my eyes
Mom zipping up the dress
My bouquet
The most handsome groom ever
My grandpa on the left, Chris' grandpa on the right
Never was there a more joyful bride than was I

Praying before the ceremony
Chris walked our mothers down the isle -- he hugs my mom before she's seated
Our first kiss as Man and Wife
Communion - our first act as husband and wife
Walking into our amazing marriage
Shower of rose pedals
The wedding party
I love this picture
We're MARRIED!
On the shore of Lake Michigan
Mr. and Mrs. Miller
Chris and his siblings (twins)
The whole crew
A great effect
Jumping for Joy
Getting silly
Having fun
Great fun
Best day of my life
Dancing with my husband to "Moon River"
Chris and his mom
My dad and me
"For W&L I yell, I yell, I yell, and for the University, I yell like..."
Dancing with one of my nephews
Chris' grandparents have been married 64 years
My parents looked so happy and elegant
SO. MUCH. FUN!
Driving off in Chris' truck
Honeymoon Cruise
Formal Night in the Mediterranean
The Ancient City of Ephesus
We competed in the Love and Marriage Gameshow
We took second place
Inside The Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Spice Bazaar, Istanbul, Turkey
Completely happy...
... and totally in love!
When in Rome...
Coins in the Trevi Fountain
Gladiator Man in the Colosseum
Our first little rental home -- moving in together!
Happy Birthday to my Husband!
Visiting Grandmother
Comparing styles of rings across generations
Dark baseball game
I have a husband!
Our "mantle"
HUNTING!
Welcome to the family, Lloyd Carr, black lab, puppy
Hunting and hoping for elk
Introducing Lexie and Lloyd
What a cutie!
First time on the same bed (Lexie and Lloyd)
Unpacked China and Crystal in our new China cabinet -- ready for Thanksgiving
Making a house a home
W&L Alumni Magazine
It's a Thanksgiving Turduckin!
Dinner was a group effort
Both families -- Sandens and Millers squeezed into our Rifle home
Our first Thanksgiving table
All the Miller siblings clad in Michigan gear before the Michigan v. Ohio State game
Family picture
OUR WHOLE FAMILY!  We are incredibly blessed
Animals remain at odds
Have yourself a Merry little Christmas
JUST MARRIED ornament
What a year!
Christmas Morning with the critters
New camera -- Lloyd in high action
Amazing friends -- four generations of amazing women
Lots of Love, Lots of Laughter, Merry Christmas
I have a husband this Christmas!
From Michigan to St. Louis
Heavenly Harp and Happy Faces
Gift exchange; Good-bye Tony (La Russa)
Lloyd learning to love the water
Chris and the sibs (twins)
Merry Christmas and What a Year!

We wish you a blessed new year.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind
Should auld acquaintance be forgot and auld lang syne
For auld lang syne, my dear
For auld lang syne
We'll drink a cup of kindness yet
For auld lang syne

image signature

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing year you and Chris had! You both look incredibly happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.