Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Treasuring the Present: Wonderful Hubby!

 
My Hubby is wonderful every week.  I kid you not, I could write every Tuesday as to how I'm treasuring how wonderful he is at the present time.

This week... well... yesterday, however, I think I was *ahem* "blessed" with a whole new batch of pregnancy hormones.  I have been in more pain, and more emotional in the past 36 hours than I have been for the past 3 months.  I have become so WHINY lately... I'm not sure what has been going on, but all of a sudden, I am whining like a toddler.  I actually said to Hubby yesterday that I do hear myself whining, and I'm not sure where its coming from, and I'm very sorry.

In addition to being whiny... I'm crabby, and crying.  I am having emotional swings left and right at the drop of a hat, with no warning or explanation.  I wish I could say my moods are up and down... but they haven't been up at all.  I haven't been happy and then sad... I've been angry, and then annoyed, and then sad.

AND THEN... I've also been in more pain than I have been thus far in the pregnancy.  No contractions... but just my feet, and my back, and my legs... and my body.  I think its the stress of preparing to leave town for St. Louis for Thanksgiving, and trying to have our house ready for some entertaining early the week we return.  I'm doing a lot of physical work, and my body is letting me know it can't do as much these days as it could a few months ago.

All that said, I am married to the most wonderful man.  He has just loved me, and taken care of me through everything.  He helps me with anything I need.  He lets me cry on his shoulder, even when neither one of us know why I'm crying.  He tries to ease the pain in my body by rubbing out my sore muscles at the end of the day.  He will do anything for me from refilling my water glass, to getting me another blanket, to helping me up from the floor, to running to the store to buy more Christmas lights for our Christmas tree because I'm not happy with how the lights look.

It was just three short years ago this week that my Hubby asked my parents for permission to marry me.  Three years later, he has been my husband for nearly 2.5 years, and he is the BEST husband I could ever imagine.  Three years later, we are expecting our first baby -- we are in our last trimester of expecting and he is taking such good care of me.

I have the most wonderful Hubby in the world, and this week, when I'm not feeling like myself, I am more grateful than ever for who he is, and that he is mine.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.