Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Treasuring the Present: Pregnant Travel


Today, I am making a point to treasure traveling while pregnant.

You might think I am being sarcastic here, but I am completely sincere!

Last week, I traveled to Nashville to see my mom, aunt, and cousin and we all attended the CMA Awards.  The baby got to go with me, and I didn't have to hire a baby-sitter.  Our perfect little growing baby, in fact, travels with me EVERY DAY!

I get to take the baby with me when I go to work, on hikes, to meetings, when I teach students, when I fly cross-country.  This baby, in fact, has already visited various parts of Colorado, Missouri, Michigan, Arizona, Texas, and Tennessee -- and you know something, our baby is an awesome traveler!

There were four babies/toddlers on my recent flight from Nashville to Denver, and my baby was the most well-behaved of all of them.

I am so grateful for this time when the baby comes with me WHEREVER I GO!  If the baby is moving or squirming or happy or upset, I am the only one who knows about it.  The baby and I have a lot of secrets during the day when it is moving, or when it lets me know it's time to call it a day and get off my feet.  As soon as our little Nugget enters the world outside Mama's belly, the entire world is going to know when the baby is moving or squirming or happy or upset.

Traveling with the baby is easier now than it will ever be.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.