Monday, November 11, 2013

Preggers I: 28 Weeks


How far along?  28 weeks


How I am feeling?  Physically, I'm feeling well... but also big.  I'm starting to feel like maybe the "cute" pregnant size is behind me, and I'm feeling more whale-like every day.
 
How big is baby?  The size of an eggplant... 13.6-14.8 inches and 1.5-2.5 lbs

Sleep:  Pretty well.  I'm trying to focus on using my Bradley relaxation exercises as I fall asleep, and they're going really well.
 
Boy/Girl Prediction:  Apparently, all of Tennessee thinks the baby is a girl.  My aunt, my cousin, and perfect strangers all predicted that I'm having a girl.  We'll see.
 
Baby Nicknames:  Pretty much Baby

Best moment this week:  Being in Nashville with my mom, aunt and cousin.  My mom got to feel the baby kick, and it was fun to get all dressed up and feel pretty for the CMA awards despite being 27 weeks pregnant.

Food cravings:  I loved the fried chicken in Nashville.
 
Missing:   Being able to sit for long periods of time without moving or needing to use the restroom (like on my flights, for example)

Maternity Clothes:  Should I just take this question out of my weekly information for now on... yes, I'm in maternity clothes -- I don't see that changing any time before now and when the baby arrives.
 
Movements:  Yes, and I love them!  They are getting stronger, and more frequent.  The baby was moving like crazy during this past weekend's Michigan football game.  I think the baby thought that he/she could play better than my beloved, but pathetic team was playing.

Labor Signs:  No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  Trying to stay focused on baby preparation projects around the house -- making room in our closet, our room, our family room, in drawers, etc.

What I am looking forward to this week:  I have my glucose screening this week, and that will be nice to have behind me.  Please pray that I pass with flying colors.

Milestones:  Ironically, I have flown more in the past 6 months since I've been pregnant than I have in the past 3 years.  As far as we can predict, I have now taken my LAST flight until after the baby comes.  All other travel from now until D-Day will be in the car.
 
 
image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.