Monday, November 4, 2013

Preggers I: 27 Weeks




How far along?  27 weeks


How I am feeling?  Really well!  I am tired at the end of the day... sometimes in the morning, but I am feeling terrific.  I have minor aches and pains, but I am able to do EVERYTHING I need, and want to... I'm just bigger.  I really am feeling so well these days.
 
How big is baby?  The size of a rutabaga... 13.6-14.8 inches and 1.5-2.5 lbs

Sleep:  Wonderfully... and the extra hour this past weekend was heaven-sent!
 
Boy/Girl Prediction:  Interesting, I've really been on the fence about the sex this week.  When I picture Hubby and me with our little baby next summer, or a year from now, I think it's a boy.  When I feel the baby moving inside, and think about it traveling with me all day, every day, I think its a girl.  
The good news... it's certainly either one or the other.
 
Baby Nicknames:  Baby, Nugget, or Jitterbug

Best moment this week:  I saw several women this past week whom I hadn't seen in months... and my belly was touched more times this week than it has been in the entire pregnancy so far.  Pre-pregnancy, I've never really appreciated people touching my stomach... but I have to say, I felt very loved when these women touched it.  I know these women are so happy for Chris and me, and they love the baby already, and that's why they were touching the baby -- and it was really sweet.

Food cravings:  Food that is spicy... I cooked spaghetti sauce this week, and I made a few variations to my mom's recipe -- including 4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper -- Hubby is certain we're having a red-head given all the spicy food I've been eating.
 
Missing:   A beer.  College football, autumn weather, and spicy food go really well with a beer.  This weekend, one would have been nice.

Maternity Clothes:  Yes, and I'm headed to NASHVILLE tomorrow for a celebration with my mom, aunt, and cousin -- and we're attending the CMA Awards!!!  I found two semi-formal maternity dresses on sale a few weeks ago, and I am SOOOO excited to wear one to the awards show.  I can't wait to share pictures.
 
Movements:  Yes, and I'm loving them!!!!  Hubby still doesn't feel them as much as I do, or as much as I want him to... but they are the most awesome part of pregnancy!

Labor Signs:  No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  A little nervous about the fact I have 3 months of growing left... but mostly feeling great, and really enjoying this stage of pregnancy.

What I am looking forward to this week:  In Nashville, I will get to see my mom, and my aunt, and cousin, and it will be so much fun to see them while pregnant.  I was BARELY showing the last time I saw my mom, and this is the only time in the pregnancy I will see my aunt or cousin, so this will be very special.  I also hope that they will be able to feel the baby move at some point during our time together.

Milestones:  I think I've definitely started "nesting."  On Saturday, my plan was to get up and make applesauce... but suddenly, I couldn't do ANYTHING until my kitchen was scrubbed top to bottom.  My plan was to make applesauce and the next thing I knew, I was on my hands and knees washing the inside of our oven drawer.  Ummmm... how did that happen?  Either way, I'm trying to take advantage of it, and make lots of organization plan for making room for Baby in the next two months.
 
image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.