Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Treasuring the Present: Singing in the Shower


Yesterday actually started pretty lousy... and got worse... and got worse... and then had a really surprising upswing and the evening and last night were wonderful.  :-D

By the evening, I was SO relieved and grateful that my day was looking up, that I walked Lloyd to the river to swim and put on my "Fun" playlist on my phone to listen to with headphones.  I had forgotten how fun my "Fun" playlist is.

By the time I arrived home, I wasn't ready to stop listening to my music.  I unplugged the headphones, and let the music ring out (gotta love the iPhone).  I got into the shower and kept the music playing... and before I knew it, I was singing at the top of my lungs, dancing with the soap and shampoo, and really belting it out like I haven't done in years.

I used to sing in the shower all the time -- middle and high school were really my prime years.  My parents' shower has AWESOME acoustics and so I took showers MUCH longer than necessary because I just wanted to sing and sing and sing.

I sang some in the shower in college... but since then, it has pretty much dropped off.

Last night, it felt SOOO GREAT to sing like crazy in the shower.

Even once I got out of the shower, I found myself picking up my (unplugged) curling iron and using it as a microphone.  There I was, my hair wrapped in a towel, my body wrapped in a towel, and singing my heart out into a curling iron.  It was so much fun.

I encourage you to do the same -- get into the shower with a song in your head, a song in your heart, or a song playing out of you iPhone or stereo... the just let it rip!

I felt SO wonderful during and after my shower sing-along... and I hope you do too.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.