Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thank You, Andy Williams

Andy Williams passed away yesterday.

Oh, that voice.  I grew up on Andy Williams one-of-a-kind singing.

Chris and I danced to Moon River at our wedding, and it is one of "our songs."  While Andy Williams didn't write Moon River, he made it famous like no one else could.  "Two drifters off to see the world"... those are magical lyrics when Andy Williams sings them.



My parents have always loved the song, Canadian Sunset and have considered it one of "their songs."

When I was a little girl -- elementary and middle school, when my parents and I would vacation in Florida, we would get up in the mornings and go running together.  Then, we would all go swimming together, and when we came back through the door after swimming, my dad and I would have a race to the CD player.  If Daddy got to the CD player first, he would put on the beautiful piano music of a pianist we've come to love who plays in Vail, Colorado.  If I made it to the CD player first, I would put on Andy Williams and the Henry Mancini Orchestra.

While other girls my age were blaring "New Kids on the Block", I was making my parents listen to Andy Williams.

God Bless You, Mr. Williams.  Rest in peace.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.