Monday, August 27, 2012

Story of Jonah

Last night while I was in the kitchen,  I stumbled upon a game show called, "The Great American Bible Challenge" hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.  It was really entertaining.

During one of the breaks, they showed a clip of a little girl telling the story of Jonah.  To be honest, she reminds me of my grandmother, Nangie.  Nangie had such a gift of drama and told wonderful stories.  She even used to tell a monologue about the story of the life of Jesus.  She would perform it at many churches in her town.

Hey my grandmother would say, "And the crowd shouted, 'CRUCIFY HIM!  CRUCIFY HIM!", listeners would get goose bumps.  I thought of Nangie when the little girl got to the part when Jonah insisted on being sent overboard, "LISTEN!  LISTEN! God has sent this storm to punish me!"  It gave me goosebumps.

This clip is over seven minutes... but the little girl is very entertaining.  What a gift this little girl has for sharing the Bible.


image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.