Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cost of Living

The cost of living has increased in my lifetime.  I'm told this is normal, but I really do hope, pray, and look forward to a day when the booming '80s economy resurfaces in America.  (I miss Ronald Reagan!)

That being said, I heard a quote on my audio book, Anne of the Island, the other day that I just had to share.  For the eternal optimist Anne Shirley is, the first part of the quote was actually said by an older woman, a widow (not especially known for her optimism) talking to Anne.

"Air and salvation are still free...and so is laughter!"


What a wonderful thought on which to focus.  Now, you know as well as I do, that salvation is not free, the price for all humans' salvation was paid by the blood of a flawless lamb, the Son of God, who was without sin.  The cost of salvation was Jesus' death on the cross.

But salvation is free to you and me, all these years later.  All we have to do is accept the sacrifice that was already made and welcome Jesus into our heart and life.

Air, salvation, and laughter are still free... so let's take advantage of the bargain and make a point to enjoy all three.

Thank you, Lord for air, salvation, and laughter.

image signature

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.