Saturday, April 7, 2012

Why? and Why I Love Good Friday!

I love Good Friday... Good Friday is almost as exciting to me as Easter is.

A few years ago, I attended a Good Friday service and I had a new revelation -- that the curtain at the table was split on Good Friday.

Our price was paid, our sin was paid on GOOD FRIDAY.

Easter is a wonderful Holiday because it shows that Jesus overcome the grave and we can have eternal life through Him -- but our sin was gone on Good Friday.

When my Savior cried "It is finished", he was also saying "Paid in full!"  I heard a sermon recently and followed up with my own research that said that the Greek word, Tetelestai, means "It is finished", "It is accomplished", but it was also used in ancient Isreal as a business term.  In accounting Tetelestai meant "Paid", "Nothing is owed", "Paid in full".

My sin was paid through Jesus' death -- on Good Friday.  Easter is basically icing on the cake!

NOT ONLY did He pay for my sin... death couldn't keep Him down.  He overcame the grave!

He is not here!  HE IS RISEN!

But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I love Good Friday and one of my favorite songs to use as reflection on Good Friday and the day before Easter (the day the disciples were coping with Jesus' death) is "WHY" by Nicole Nordeman.  This brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.


image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.