Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Exploring the Vows of Marriage: With This Ring

Taken from "A Match Made in Heaven: A Collection of Inspirational Love Stories" By: Susan Wales & Ann Platz



WITH THIS RING

It is the most subtle of weights on the third left finger, barely even felt until consciously remembered. And then... there it is, the slightest touch of smooth metal on skin. The soft, yet persistent reminder that life is forever different. A decision has been made. A corner has been turned. Vows have been uttered before the listening ears of heaven. Two lives have been irrevocably linked, flesh to flesh, heart to heart, soul to soul. With simple eloquence, the ring says, "I am wed. I have a life companion. I belong to someone else. My heart, my passion, the deepest reservoirs of my affection are the property of a dear person who means more to me than life itself."

image signature

1 comment:

  1. I really love this one and I can't wait until we both have our symbol of our lifelong commitment surrounding our finger. I love every detail of what makes Brooke my angel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.