Monday, November 16, 2015

Preggers II -- Twins: 29 Weeks


Okay... can I just say, I don't really feel so enormously huge until I see the weekly picture of myself... and then I really feel like quite the elephant.  Am I really walking around this THIS belly every day?

How far along?  29 weeks

How I am feeling?  A little slower, a little more sore... a little more frustrated with my restrictions, but also very blessed.

How big are babies?  The size of acorn squashes... whatever those are.  Another website said butternut squashes, so whichever you are more familiar... between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and 15.2 to 16.7 inches long.  One of my weekly pregnancy emails said that the babies will triple in size from now until the end of pregnancy -- well, that would be wonderful, but I can't IMAGINE how large and immobile I will be at that point.

Sleep:  I sleep pretty well but Hubby is hunting this week, so I never sleep as well when he's gone.

Boy/Girl, Boy/Boy, Girl/Girl Predictions: Two babies

Babies Nicknames:  Babies, or Twins 
 
  Best moment this weekI had a really great doctor's appointment this past week where we received the best news we have heard in months regarding my pregnancy.  The doctor is thrilled with how well I'm doing this far along in my pregnancy and says that each week that I'm not in labor or requiring medical interventions really is a huge milestone that we need to celebrate.  She also said once I make it to 32 weeks, I can plan to have the babies at our local hospital and not in Denver.  They don't want me to have the babies as early as 32 weeks, but at least I can work with my local hospital from that point on.  Praise God!

Food cravings:  Nothing specific.

Missing:  The ability to be on my feet and active as many hours of the day as I would like.  This week I can definitely tell that I can be active for one or maybe two activities... and then I have to rest and get off my feet before I can try another one.
 
Movements:  Yes, and they are a lot of fun... but when one starts to flip upside down or roll over and then the other one responds by flipping or rolling, it is really cool to feel but it becomes a little uncomfortable.

Labor Signs:  No, thankfully... but, when I have been on my feet and overly active, I definitely have a tightness in my uterus, which I try to alleviate as quickly as possible by getting off my feet.

Comparison:  Here I am carrying Tracey Ann at 29 weeks

29 Weeks with the twins -- officially to the point where my dresses are getting a little too short in the front...


General Attitude: Very grateful for how well I'm doing with the pregnancy, and very grateful for the help that God has sent us as I am able to do less and less around the house and with Tracey Ann.  Hubby has been traveling last weekend and this weekend, and we have had a dear friend, and then my mother-in-law come to stay with my while Hubby is gone, and there is no way I could be here, caring for Tracey Ann alone without their help.  It is totally humbling to have to ask for someone else to carry Tracey Ann, or make her dinner, or vacuum my house, or bring me a cup of water but I also know that we are so completely blessed that we have people in our life that will drop what they are doing to come and do all of those things during this time when I am so restricted in what I can do.

 What I am looking forward to this week:  Our families are hosting a baby sprinkle for us this week for our friends in Rifle and I'm really getting excited.  The party is at our home so that friends can see our new house... but a LOT has to get done between now and then.

Milestones: My belly button is now an "outtie" -- which it never became with Tracey Ann.  It got really really flat and was the same level as my stomach, but it never actually pushed out.  Now, it has.  Also, my maternity dresses are getting a little short in the front...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.