Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Preggers II -- Twins: 27 Weeks


How far along?  27 weeks

How I am feeling?  I'm physically well, but it has been a more emotional week... and i am learning the limits of my very pregnant body

How big are babies?  The size of rutabagas... between 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and 13.6 to 14.8 inches long.  I had an ultrasound last week, and the doctor said the babies were about 2 pounds a piece... and we want to get them to about 6 pounds a piece -- time for lots of growing these last months.

Sleep:  I sleep pretty well although only sleeping on one side is comfortable right now

Boy/Girl, Boy/Boy, Girl/Girl Predictions: I think at least one is a boy... I think... maybe.

Babies Nicknames:  Babies, or Twins
  Best moment this week:  Halloween night was really fun taking our little Honeybee out around the neighborhood trick-or-treating, and coming home to watch Michigan pull off a most surprising and unexpected victory against the Minnesota Gophers.

Food cravings:  Not anything specific at the moment... although I do still have a fondness for Diet Coke which I am trying to break.

Missing:  The ability to pick things up off the floor with ease
 
Movements:  Yes, and what I'm realizing is that, with two babies, there are very few hours of the day when neither are moving.  It is pretty cool that, if I'm sitting still, chances are pretty good that at least one, if not both babies are kicking, squirming, or moving.  It's really awesome to feel -- sometimes a little uncomfortable, but always awesome.

Labor Signs:  No, thankfully... but, just to keep an accurate account of what's going on, I had a doctor's appointment last week where my doctor told me I am at a very high risk for preterm labor, and she could hardly believe I haven't been having contractions yet.  She did measure my uterus at the appointment, which she hasn't done throughout this pregnancy, and it measured 39cm, which is the equivalent of 39 weeks (or full term) with one baby.  She instructed me that I am still allowed to work for the time being, but that, I have to be very wise about what I am doing with my body, and at the end of the day, I need to come home and rest (period).  So, Chris and I are trying to follow doctor's orders.
Comparison:  Here I am carrying Tracey Ann at 27 weeks


27 Weeks with the twins


... and for comparison -- here is 36 weeks with Tracey Ann

 

General Attitude: Trying to be smart and prepare for the worst -- very premature babies and/or my being hospitalized suddenly, but believing, hoping, and praying for the best -- full term, healthy babies and being able to stay at home for the rest of the pregnancy.

 What I am looking forward to this week:  We have an appointment with a high-risk OBGYN from Denver this week, and I think both Hubby and I are very interested to hear his perspective on my pregnancy and continue to make plans for the next few months.

Milestones: I am starting to have a hard time making sure my maternity clothes are covering my belly throughout the day... and I guess also the milestone of being told I need to take it easy for the duration of the pregnancy.

We certainly appreciate prayers from all of you for healthy babies, healthy mama for these weeks to come -- I want to make it another nine-ten weeks of pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of prayers, always, for all five of you! Stay snuggled in nice and cozy babies...it's cold out here! Brrr!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.