Tuesday, August 18, 2015

So Touching

My parents have always liked Frank and Kathy Lee Gifford.  They were not married at the same time my parents were -- but maybe 5-7 years later, and they have a similar age difference as do my parents.  They had children and seem to have a solid marriage.

Of course, Frank Gifford, was a football legend and went on to be a broadcaster, and then Kathy Lee was a well-put-together co-host to the Regis and Kathy Lee Show for many years.

I remember back twenty or more years ago when the news broke that Frank Gifford was having an affair, and I remember that their marriage did not end.  I never knew how they worked through it, but, as a children, I remember thinking it was very admirable that their marriage did not end, and they clearly found some way to work through it.

In recent years, Kathy Lee has had a segment on the Today show, and, frankly, I find her and her co-host a little weird... but yesterday, she gave the most touching, beautiful, honorable tribute to her husband, Frank, and I hope you will take the 8 minutes to watch it.

Thank you, Mrs. Gifford, for sharing this side of your husband with the world.


God Bless the Gifford family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.