Monday, August 17, 2015

Preggers II - Twins: 16 Weeks

Well, it seems with another pregnancy, I should keep some track of pregnancy updates, although I am pretty busy keeping up with the twins' big sister, I will try.


How far along?  16 weeks


How I am feeling?  Pretty well.  I had very serious nausea and vomiting throughout my first trimester and a little beyond, but I am pretty much past all of that (knock on wood).  I don't have a lot of energy, but more than I did in the first trimester, and all-in-all, I'm feeling good as long as I get off my feet in the evenings.

How big are babies?  The size of avocados... 3.5 ounces and about 4.5 inches long from head to bottom

Sleep:  I am sleeping pretty well -- I'm finally back in my own bed after a summer of traveling, and figuring out my pregnancy positions again.

Boy/Girl, Boy/Boy, Girl/Girl Predictions:  Not really anything yet

Babies Nicknames:  Babies, or Twins 
 
Weight Gain/Loss:  I may not comment on this every week, but, to date, I have lost weight since getting pregnant.  Nothing major -- my weight is basically the same, but a few pounds less.  It was hysterical to share that information with Hubby when we arrived home from our travels because I have a big bulging belly, but I'm the same weight as I was when we left.  We thought it was really funny.  My doctor was less amused and says that I really need to start gaining soon.  I'll do what I can.

Best moment this week:  Hubby and I had a doctor's appointment last Friday and they are taking ultrasounds every four weeks with twins, so we got to see both of the babies and hear their heartbeats.  They seem to be doing great, and measuring perfectly.  We also learned that both placentas are attached to the back of my uterus, so I can feel baby kicks and movements a lot earlier.  With Tracey Ann, the placenta was in the front of my uterus so I couldn't feel her moving until around 21 weeks.  I thought I had been feeling little twin flutters, and hearing where the placentas are located confirms for me that I'm definitely feeling the twins.  :-D

Food cravings:  Nothing really... although some days I surprise myself and buy Captain Crunch at the store, and then come home and eat four bowls... that was probably a craving, but mostly no.


Missing:  The ability to lay on my back.  I enjoy sleeping on my back, and just relaxing on my back and those days are gone for a little while.
 
Movements:  Yes!!  I have felt little flutters for nearly two weeks, but I wasn't entirely sure they were baby movements.  This week, with the information I got from the doctor, I knew I was feeling babies, and the movements have gotten stronger every day.  I am sure Hubby will be able to feel them in no time.  I can't quite decipher one baby from another yet, but I definitely feel little movements.

Labor Signs:  No, thankfully.

Comparison:  Apparently I didn't take a 16 week picture with Tracey Ann, but here I am carrying her at 15 weeks:


And here I am with the twins at 16 weeks:


General Attitude:  A little overwhelmed from time to time.  I am studying to become a Bradley Method instructor and so I am reading book after book about natural childbirth and the best ways to labor and more, and it can all be a little overwhelming when I apply all the knowledge to the fact I'm carrying twins.

 What I am looking forward to this week:  School starts, so I get to see some students again, I attend the Bradley training in Denver, which means I have to be finished with all of my assignments, which will be a HUGE relief, and it means my mom is coming in to Denver to help with Tracey Ann while I'm in my trainings.

Milestones:  Well, my first pregnancy post with the twins -- I think my first pregnancy post with Tracey Ann was 15 weeks... so I guess not a big difference.  Also, feeling the babies move is amazing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.