Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Speaking Blessings

Tracey Ann and I had the pleasure of visiting a few church nurseries during our Christmas travels, and it was so much fun to observe how different churches teach, guide and love the little ones.

Now, I've become involved in serving in our church's nursery program, and so all the observations I made are being put to good use.

One thing I saw in St. Louis was a document posted on the wall above the changing table.  The nursery worker was encouraged to speak blessings, and Bible verses over the child while the child gets his/her diaper changed including using his/her name.

I LOVED this.  I took a picture of the document, and then tweaked it to put up in our home over the changing table.

Here is the template of our diaper changing blessings:
(We say these verses with a really fun, excited voice)


Great is (Child's name)’s peace for she is taught of the Lord!  Isaiah 54:13

No weapon formed against (Child's name) prevail and she will refute every tongue that accuses her!   Isaiah 54:17

With long life will I satisfy (Child's name) and show her salvation!  Psalm 91:16

(Child's name) obeys her parents in the Lord for this is right!  Ephesians 6:1

(Child's name) can do all things through Christ who gives her strength!  Philippians 4:13

(Child's name), He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.  Psalm 91:11

God has not given (Child's name) a spirit of fear and timidity but of power, love and self-discipline.  2 Timothy 1:7

The joy of the Lord is (Child's name)'s strength!  Nehemiah 8:10

So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.  Isaiah 55:11

image signature

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love this and plan on making it as soon as Baby LaBeau is born and his or her name has been officially determined!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.