Sunday, February 22, 2015

Girls Weekend


Hubby has been doing graduate school most of the weekend, and so Tracey Ann and I have had a girls weekend.

She and I have been on our own before, but this weekend felt different.  It felt like a fun girls weekend instead of my being a solo-parent with the baby.

We read a lot of books, we followed Lexie around (even under a few beds), we threw the ball for Lloyd and rubbed his belly, we had our first pillow fight, we met PEO sisters for coffee, we giggled and shrieked and napped. Tracey Ann helped me vacuum, do the dishes and the laundry, and we spent a lot of time turning our family room into a jungle gym.
 

I had a headache on Friday, so we took it easy that day -- we watched some tv.  I was pretty strict about Tracey Ann's television exposure during her first year of life... and I still am very careful to limit her screen time... but I have relaxed a little now that she is one.  We took it easy and watched some cartoons while I was fighting my headache.


Our baby girl is SO much fun.  She is really turning into Mama's Little Helper... well, she's trying to be Mama's Little Helper.  These days, I do appreciate it when she sleeps, but I get so excited for when she wakes up.

She lets out a few shrieks to let me know she's awake, I open the door to her nursery... and there is my big, beautiful girl, standing up in her crib, with a HUGE smile on her face, and as soon as she seems me, she starts bouncing up and down because she is so excited to see me.  A moment later, she reaches her arms up to say "Up, please," and gives me the sign for "Milk," and I say, "You're hungry?" and she nods her head enthusiastically.


Our little princess grows more every day, and every day I love the stage she's in... and then she does something new, and I love that new stage she's in.  Every day I don't think I can love this baby more... and every day, I love her more.

I feel like the luckiest mother, the luckiest woman, the luckiest person in the world that I get to love and care for this perfect, happy, loving, beautiful baby girl.


 I really need to get some more pictures of Tracey Ann and me together... its just hard enough to get pictures of Tracey Ann by herself these days... that selfies of the two of us are nearly impossible.  But I need to try.  These days are flying by, and she's doing more and more every day and I want pictures of the two of us together.

image signature

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I love her bib ! Looks like it catches all that food! Hope you have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.