Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Manna From Heaven

When I headed back to work this fall, I struggled with the fact I didn't have an entire freezer stocked full of breast milk.  I had maybe a dozen bags -- maybe, and I had major anxiety as to whether the breast milk would hold out and whether I would produce enough milk on my work days to restock the supply.

My first week back to work, I was able to pump about 10 ounces/day, and Tracey Ann drank 15-20 ounces/day.  It doesn't take a math genius to understand that this wasn't going to work.

I quickly encouraged the nanny to cap the milk she was giving to Tracey Ann during the day at 15 ounces, and I started downing Mothers Milk Tea like there was no tomorrow.

I started trying to pump at night, and early in the morning, and more often during the day...

I was completely stressing out about the breast feeding situation.  I was actually crying over spilled milk... and frozen milk... and pumped milk.

Then, as time went on, and many prayers were spoken, I realized that with one ounce here, and an ounce-and-a-half there, I was just about breaking even each day.  Did I have a huge stockpile of breast milk?  No.  But, like manna from heaven, did we have enough breast milk for each day I was gone?  Yes.

I struggle with not having a massive milk bank, but what a lesson in building my faith each day -- every day we have what we need for that day.

Great is Thy Faithfulness.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.