Monday, January 20, 2014

Preggers I: 38 Weeks


How far along?  38 weeks


How I am feeling?  Really good.  I even think I have less aches and pains these days than I had a few weeks ago.  Hubby and I have accomplished everything we REALLY wanted to accomplish before the baby arrives, and so we're both feeling really good.

How big is baby?  The size of a small pumpkin...18.9-20.9 inches, and 6.2-9.2 pounds.

Sleep:  I sleep very well, and I am very grateful for it.

Boy/Girl Prediction:  I predict I will be very excited to find out if we have a son or daughter.

Baby Nicknames:  Baby, Nugget, or Little One.

Best moment this week:  Hubby and I took a "Baby Moon" -- a last romantic getaway before the baby comes.  Even if the baby doesn't arrive for a few weeks, our family begins arriving Thursday, and will stay until after the baby arrives, so this was our last hurrah as a two-some.  Our wonderful Baby Moon included a prenatal massage for me, a little shopping,  dinner out, husband-and-wife pedicures, and an amazing Bed and Breakfast complete with a canopy bed, jacuzzi bath tub, and chocolate-covered strawberries.  We had a wonderful time.

Food cravings:  Nothing really... and some days nothing really sounds good.  I'm hungry but nothing sounds good to eat.

Missing:  Nothing really... I'm really trying to cherish every pregnant moment because I feel like this is going to be over in no time.  These last days of baby movements, these last days of waddling, these last days of Lexie and Lloyd nosing my belly... I'm trying to not focus on what I'm missing, and instead, focus on what still is the case.
 
Movements:  Yes, but they have changed.  The baby is definitely run out of room, because the movements aren't so forceful anymore, they are subtle.

Labor Signs:  Yes, a few... I'm not going to go into details, but yes, my body has been preparing for labor.

General Attitude:  So excited that our house is ready for the baby AND for the company!  Check out these pictures of our beautiful guest room, living room, and basement.  All systems are GO.

Our guest room

Our living room...

... complete with our new glider/rocking chair

Our basement

Ready for over-flow guests if necessary

and even a new curtain to offer some privacy
 

if not overflow for company, it might be where the baby and I spend some nights when Chris needs to be well-rested and ready for work the next day.

 What I am looking forward to this week:  My parents arrive on Thursday, and I know they want to be here for the birth (or shortly thereafter).  It will be nice to have them here.
Milestones:  I'd say our Baby Moon, and the fact my body is preparing for labor are both pretty big milestones.  This really could happen any day... I can't help but wonder if this is my final Pregnancy Update post?
image signature

1 comment:

  1. You look great!! It's neat to see another Momma who is waiting till D-Day to find out the gender!! It's so rare these days! Hope the last few weeks of your pregnancy are smooth sailing! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.