Thursday, January 2, 2014

Preggers I: 35 Weeks

This picture was taken at my baby shower in Michigan
The banner says "Welcome Little Honey" and the stuffed animals are from Winnie the Pooh

How far along?  35 weeks (a little late because we were traveling... but I will write from the perspective of last weekend, 35 weeks)


How I am feeling?  More prepared than I have felt before.  We had a wonderful baby shower in Michigan, plus Christmas was last week, and we received such lovely gifts.  My parents even gave us a car seat for Christmas... so really, the baby can arrive any time!  :-D  After the shower, we went shopping for the remaining big and/or essential items that we need before the baby arrives.  We are more prepared now than we have ever been.
 
How big is baby?  The size of a coconut...17.2-18.7 inches, and 4.2-5.8 pounds.

Sleep:  I have still been able to sleep really well.  As long as I can manage the heartburn, if I cannot sleep, it usually isn't due to pregnancy discomfort, it's just due to not being in my own home, and having a lot going on.
 
Boy/Girl Prediction:  Most friends and family have been referring to our little one as "he" -- so maybe a boy... maybe a girl.
 
Baby Nicknames:  Pretty much Baby, Nugget, Little One, or Little Honey

Best moment this week:  There were several this week including Christmas with my parents, my lovely baby shower in Michigan, and buying our remaining necessary baby items... but I think the absolute BEST moment of this week was at the midnight Christmas Eve service at church.  It was so beautiful to hear the Christmas story from the perspective of an expectant mother.  Also, as the gorgeous music played and the stories were read, the baby was kicking like crazy.  It was amazing.
 
Food cravings:  Nothing in particular...

Missing:  I don't think anything this week... it was a good week.
 
Movements:  PLENTY!  I LOVE feeling the baby move.  I am really going to miss these when the baby is no longer inside my body.

Labor Signs:  Not yet.

General Attitude: Feeling as though the baby will not come on our journey from Michigan back to Colorado, because we are SO prepared for this possibility.  My parents were traveling at 34 weeks from Florida back to Michigan, and my mom's water broke... and they were not prepared at all.  We are as prepared as we could be -- we have our hospital bag in the car, we know where the baby book, and camera are packed, and we have a car seat... therefore, there is no way my water will break on the way back to Colorado.  We are just too prepared for it.

What I am looking forward to this week:  Relaxing at home in Rifle with my hubby.  We have a lot of baby things to organize, we have our home to continue to prepare for the baby, and we are cherishing these final days of life together, just the two of us, before our life is forever changed.

Milestones:  At 35 weeks, I have officially carried this baby longer than my mom carried me.  Also, my belly button has not popped out... but its about as flat as it can possible get before it pops out.
 
image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.